1. The Products must be operated according to its specifications, its User Manual as well as any additional instructions issued by UViRCO, none of which may be exceeded even occasionally.
2. The Products must only be used for the purpose for which it is intended.
3. Unless by written agreement with UViRCO, the Products must not be mounted on any installation that does, or may affect unfavourably the operation or life expectancy of the Products or any of its parts.
4. The Products must be transported, unpacked, otherwise handled, installed and used by persons with knowledge and experience of such Products, and without negligence or recklessness.
5. UViRCO must be afforded the opportunity to examine the Products alleged to be defective, and if necessary, UViRCO must be given access to the equipment in which the Products are installed.
6. UViRCO shall not be liable under warranty (i) for any tampering, misuse, mishandling or misapplication of the Products; or (ii) with respect to alterations made to the Products without UViRCO’s express authorization.
7. After delivery and installation of the Products, the Buyer must within 5 (five) days conduct tests according to the User Manual and any additional instructions supplied by UViRCO to establish the condition of the Products. In the event that the Products fail the tests, the Service Repair Form supplied with the Products shall be completed and returned to UViRCO within seven (7) days of failure. Should the Buyer fail to conduct these tests within the said time period, the Products will be deemed accepted.
8. If, after dispatch of the Products by UViRCO to the Buyer, the Products are or have to be stored for a period of three (3) months or more for any reason whatsoever, the following instructions relating to the maintenance of the Products must be complied with:
• The Products must be stored in an area where the storage temperature for the particular model is not exceeded (refer the specifications of the model);
• The batteries must be removed from the unit and stored, preferably with a charge level of 40% to maintain performance, in its designated position in the hard carry case;
• The carry case must be stored in the shipping box in which it was received.
9. If at the time of the receipt of the Products there is manifest damage to the Products the Buyer shall immediately:
• Assess the extent of the damage insofar as the Buyer is able to do so and prepare a written report of such assessment;
• Make a claim against the carrier (from point of delivery to final destiny), if appropriate;
• Notify the Buyer’s insurers and make an appropriate claim for indemnity and/or compensation, if appropriate;
• Notify UViRCO and submit to it a copy of the report referred to above.
10. All records and reports relating to defects and/or failures in the Products must have been submitted to UViRCO within the time period stipulated. All information requested by UViRCO in response to such records and reports must also be timely supplied.