Electrical Discharge Inspection & Interpretation for Inspectors training covers a variety of subjects:
• Electrical Discharges
• The environmental factors affecting discharges.
• Damage caused by discharges
• Discharge detection techniques (Pro’s & Cons of various)
• Fundamentals of cameras and imaging
• The inner workings of corona cameras
• Camera operation theory (applicable to various brands and models)
• How to practically do inspections
• How to assign a maintenance priority rating to a detected discharge event.
o This is based on the US Electrical Power Research Institute (EPRI) Field Guide: Daytime discharge inspection of transmission and distribution overhead lines and substations (2013 Edition)
• Report writing